The house built in 1912 by C.P. Schulze, brother of one of the co-founders of Irving, is one of the oldest homes in Irving. It was designated as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark in 1986. The Heritage House is located at 303 South O’Connor and will begin the first Sunday monthly tours from 3pm-5pm, with docent led tours at 3pm and 4pm. Admission is free.
Mary’s Playhouse, located in the back garden area, was once a chicken coop. It was converted into a playhouse for the young Mary Schulze in the 1920’s. It contains various vintage toys, many of them belonging to Mary and her brother Charles.
For more information call 972-252-3838. Group tours may also be arranged at alternate times.
Irving Heritage Society. All rights reserved.