This small building is located just behind the C.P. Schulze 1912 family home. Originally a chicken coop, the structure was later converted into a playhouse for the young Schulze daughter, Mary. As she grew up, Mary used the building as a quiet place for her creative interests of painting and writing as well as meditation. Rebuilding of this playhouse began in 2012 as part of the Heritage House 100th Anniversary. The Irving Heritage House is a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark. CLICK HERE TO VIEW MORE PHOTOS.
Pen and ink drawing by Heritage Society member Sigrid Canto