Heritage House and Mary's Playhouse tours
In the garden area behind the Schulze family home at 303 South O’Connor In honor of the 1936 wedding of Charles and Catherine Schulze, Catherine’s wedding gown and bridesmaids’ dresses will be featured in the bridal gown display during the monthly Heritage House tour on Sept 4th. The Irving Heritage House will be open for tours Sunday, Sept. 4 from 3pm-5pm with docent led tours at 3pm and 4pm. Admission is free. Bridal gowns dating from the 1880s to a mid-century informal gown from the 1950s will also be displayed. Located at 303 South O’Connor, the Heritage House was built in 1912 by C. P. Schulze, brother of one of Irving’s co-founders. This restored pioneer home has been designated as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark.
Mary’s Playhouse in the back garden area will also be open for tours during the first Sunday tour times of 3pm-5pm. This rebuilt chicken coop of the 1920s was the playhouse of young Mary Schulze. It contains many original toys of the Schulze children as well as vintage items. Families are encourage to visit.
For more information call 972-252-3838. Group tours may also be arranged at alternate times.